Monday, February 16, 2009

2 rest days in a row


This was when I was in Chicago a while ago, my best friend growing up is on the left, Judy Martin! She is from a family of 9 kids, it was so great to have so many people to play with growing up, I consider them part of my family.
I did not work out yesterday or today. Today is a scheduled rest day, but I also didnt go on Sunday either. I had a bit too much wine. Saturday was Valentines Day, and I took Jon Baker to the Zoo!! They had a deal where you could eat in the aquarium then have dessert in the Wild Kingdom Pavillion, then to see a 3-D movie on the IMAX. It was a nice time. I cannot wait to get a huge tank of my own with salt water fish. They are so relaxing to me, I could watch them for hours. Anyway the zoo was over around 8 so we headed downtown to have a few drinks. Then back to Jon Bakers where we split a bottle of wine that we got in Napa, it was one of my favorites, La Crema Pinot Noir.


I missed the WOD today because of the wine last night. I did go to church, which I really enjoy doing on Sunday morning at Sacred Heart. Then Jon Baker and I went to look for a kitchen table at NFM, no luck. Today I had off work and got a lot done, cleaning, throwing stuff out to the Goodwill. I even cleaned up some of Jon Bakers house. Moved all of his work out stuff to the basement and organized it!! That was kind of a workout I guess :)


I have been pretty tired lately, probably because of my lack of diet. Lent is coming up and I think I will make it my goal to go 40 days and 40 nights of eating right. When I tried the Zone I was having some side effects I didnt really like. I know I needed to make adjustments and not just go straight from the book, but my wod's were getting worse, so I went off and I am a total machine. Not really but better than before. Dieting is not something I have ever had to do, so changing everything is really hard to do. I did see increase in energy on the Zone so that is good!!


Oh yes last night I met up with all my Bridesmaids to find shoes for the dresses and Ta-DA we found some at the mall!!! So that is one less thing to worry about for the wedding. It was really nice to be around all my friends last night. So of them I dont see as often as I would like but it is so great just to be able to pick up where we left off, like no time has passed at all.


Wow that was a long post. I shall have more later.

No comments: